Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Early Spring~

What an spectacular week here in Central Maine. Daffodils are blooming, lilacs are leafing out, garlic is several inches tall, an evening chorus of peepers, larger frogs and LOONS. The fields are greening and it feels like it is time to plant! I have several hardy greens and peas in the ground and want to do more, so I will.

The clay oven project is progressing as well as other exciting building projects. It is amazing to have this gift of early spring. Apprentice applications are still pouring in which is exciting.

I went to a grape growing and pruning workshop at Savage Oakes Winery last weekend in Union that was fabulous. I learned so much and what a beautiful farm and vineyard and lovely folks. Their wine is fantastic.

I am trying to declutter. Spring cleaning with an edge. It is so hard to separate. But it must be done.

I have participated in a couple online auctions last week. Interesting events, auctions, even online they can be intense. I am happy with the items that I won. The highlights are the stainless steel. Inserts, pots, a monster awesome griddle (cast iron), and wire racks (most exciting).

I hadn't been contra dancing for YEARS and went to the Belfast dance Friday. What a blast. For anyone wanting to contra who is or even more importantly ISN'T experienced, Belfast is the dance for you. What a wonderfully gentle crowd of all aged folks having the best time. The band was fantastic and Chrissy Fowler is the best caller ever. Every first Friday of the month at the American Legion Hall on High St, Belfast, 8pm.

Have a stellar week everyone~

No comments:

Post a Comment